Saturday, January 26, 2008

Scorpion Gulch


Here's a landscape view of Scorpion Gulch located near the entrance to South Mountain Park. This is one of the few landscapes I've shot so far that I like.

It's probably not so much a landscape as it's more of a still life, but semantics is not my strong suit. I really love the interplay of textures and light here.

This old building looks like someone's home that has been abandoned for many years. There may have been a fire at one point. But it just looks like someone homesteaded here and maybe had a small business next door. There is some indication of indoor plumbing and electrical wiring. So the home is not necessarily turn of the century, but I'm guessing it was built in 1930s or so. To me it's just a neat old building worth exploring photographically. Plus, it's a good location for shooting models.

No comments: