Sunday, May 10, 2009

Bindi's Bride of Frankenstein



OK. Note to self. The Mamiya RB67 is best used on a tripod. I fear my aged hands are struggling to hold the camera in a solid plane of focus. These where shot on Ilford PanX (ISO 50). So they were shot wide open (f/5.6) using studio strobes. So there's no depth of field and I misfocused on all but these two. Even these are not tack sharp either. But I do love the way this film scanned. I also had to fudge the processing time because the normal development calls for 4 mins. in the standard TMAX 1:4 dilution. So I used the solution I normally reserve to processing my 4x5 film in TMaxRS. This resulted in a 8.5 min. development time in the 1:9 replenished solution. This gave me some pretty reasonable results. Now if I can just focus the camera, dammit!!!

1 comment:

Desiree said...

These have such a beautiful vintage appeal to them. Totally amazing work!