Saturday, August 15, 2009

Finding our way back


OK. So after a long, long hiatus. I've returned to the fold and have brought you Adrian, plus just one more way to screw up some really good film.

Maybe drinking decaf isn't such a good thing for me early in the morning.

I "developed" this film only to pour out the TMax solution and see the telltale signs of the cosmetic dye leaching out of what I was pouring out. Because Kodak brilliantly added this dye, I figured out I had only processed my film in a water bath and not the actual developer solution. The dye does not show up when you pour out the developer solution.

So the film got a good 12-minute bath. Then it got processed again.

I think this contributed to the streaking and general sloppiness of the negatives.

In this picture you can't see the streaking so much because I softened the details and there are a lot of shadows in this particular image. In some of the ones to follow, you'll see some seriously bad streaking.

No comments: