Saturday, February 7, 2009

Back after a long hiatus



So these pictures are nothing to write home about. I debated even posting them. But I felt it was important to note some things:
1 I finally got a chance just to drag out the view camera and do some shooting.
2 My buddy, Mike, and I got stuck in traffic and reached our destination just as the sun was setting. We really should have been to the location about an hour earlier.
3 The light changed so fast I really should not have even shot these images. But I really wanted to go through the motions of using the camera and getting a feel for it after a long layoff.
4 Good news is that Sarah is finally sleeping through the night and that means I can get up in the mornings to process film again. Yea!!!
5 These images suck as far as content, composition, lighting, etc. But I consider it a small victory just to pick up the camera, shoot and process 4x5 film.

2 comments:

Steven St. John said...

Hooray film! Looking forward to seeing more in the near future.

villette1 said...

Carlos, I think you are being too hard on yourself. You did good. I like the composition of the ocotillo very much, though I think you are right about the exposure. Any time I have to go out and shoot is a good day for me.