Sunday, February 8, 2009

We're on a roll


OK. This is kind of breaking my unwritten promise of only displaying full-frame film images. But this one begged for cropping. I returned to Apache Junction on Saturday with the wife and kids so I could take advantage of the clouds moving in. I ended up trying to do some macro work with the 4x5. I think this is a brittlebush or what's left of it. I was trying to focus on that stalk in the foreground, but with the bellows racked out and the wind gusting just a bit, I sort of back-focused. But still fun.

2 comments:

Desiree said...

OOOH Apache Junction. I can't wait to make it up there in the next Month or So for the Ren Faire. Beautiful Macro Work. I like this blog. :-D

villette1 said...

Carlos, this image is awesome. I really like the light play and how the plant is so stark (contrasted) against the dark background. Composition, dead on for this I think focuses the eye and allows it to move up and down the lines of the plant. OK, now I am going to work.