Thursday, February 19, 2009

Some film from the RB67






I'm taking a brief interlude from the Cambo 4x5 to revisit the Mamiya RB67. I shot a roll of Fuji Reala and Kodak Verichrome at the Renaissance Festival. I really like the results. The RB is such a heavy camera and I was winging it around with one arm while shouldering a gadget bag on one side and my Nikon Digital on the other.

That's pretty harsh duty. I really need to bite the bullet and take ONLY the RB on one of those trips--that's a hard leap of faith to make anymore.

I'm including one photo I really like. It's a shot of a falconer with a kid listening, but it has a small light leak that ruins it--so goes life with film. I'm not sure how the light stain occurred. It looks like the kind of thing that could happen if you jiggle the film back on the camera. It's kind of weird because an identical stain appears in an adjacent frame in the same location. I could Photoshop it out, but for now I'll leave it as is.

No comments: