Sunday, October 21, 2007

4x5 of KOFA Mountains




I'm never really sure what I'm looking at, but this was taken within hiking distance of Castle Dome mountain just north of the Castle Dome Mining Museum. This is an early morning view facing north of what I suspect is the KOFA National Wildlife Refuge or part of Yuma Proving Ground.

This was a pretty treacherous outing for the Cambo 4 x 5. We were positioned on a small hill. Ron was bouncing about with his Nikon D100 merrily popping off images as the sun rose. I was precariously perched on the side of the hill with the tripod legs carefully balanced mostly on loose shale or slate. I was fumbling with the dark cloth, Polaroid back, film holders, etc. as the sun rose over Castle Dome mountain.

I've got a lot to learn about landscape photography with large format.

1 comment:

Hart said...

This is just great Carlos. I'm totally inspired. You are scanning the negs directly? Using what? And what lens on the 4x5?