Sunday, October 14, 2007

Another set of negs





This time I got Merydeth to sit for me. I've been hoping to try my hand at human subjects with this 4x5.

Trying to do extreme closeups is quite difficult given that you can't focus once you've put the film in the camera. Mery did a great job of holding still for the 30-or-so seconds it took for me to load film, set the lens and trip the shutter.

But you can see the extreme closeup has a fair amount of motion blur. Most of that is attributed to the 1/8 shutter speed.

I think I shot these at 1/8 at f/11. I need to do a better job of recording exposure data when I shoot. I guess I could go look at the camera and see what settings I left on the lens.

You can also see the cloeseup is cropped differently than 4x5. I think I misloaded the film in the holder and about half an inch of film was not exposed.

No comments: