Saturday, October 27, 2007

This is harder than I expected




Shooting full-frame is tough. I would love to show you this negative in it's full version, but it's almost embarrassing.

Lots of things happened with this cemetary shot. I had hoped to shoot a full moon photo. I drove around the day before and noted the location of the near-full moon at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday and thought it would be in the perfect spot around 5 on Wednesday-the day of the full moon.

So on Wednesday I hustle to the cemetary to do my feaux "Moonrise Over Hernandez" interpretation and there's no moon in sight! It's not even above the horizon line. I can't believe the earth's axis changed that much in one day as to totally obscure the moon from one day to the next in a half-hour's time!

So now I'm flustered and can't wait for the moon because I've got to go get Allie from day care. So I collect myself and try to shoot a standard cemetary shot. But it's hard and I don't want to use a name on a grave marker, so I really struggled with finding a good composition in a short time. The light on the cemetary was still too hot and not what I really wanted on this shot.

I've done a quick job of burning and dodging to make this somewhat effective, but I'm going to need a lot more practice.

No comments: